When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

confused...

so i'm quite confused with AP reps in general.

pam reps tend to be a bit easier with dsn, and other similar modders.

after reading some posts here, i see there's a lot of bad rep from andrew/josh and should be avoided. i see that people post good results from mbk and mbw but i have no idea who these dealers are...

also, rep straps are viewed as poor and tend to be changed. but this requires some form of conversion kit? what is this conversion kit? is there a particular dealer that have lugs similar to gen so that it can be a one-for-one change?

thanks for any help to a newbie AP...

i have my eyes on a safari but hear that the colours are off from the gen. no matter i probably still be keen on one.

But the city of sails is completely inaccurate (although its my top 3 watch design wise).

The straps of the AP ROO's are not that bad. End links u see are removable and holds the strap to the watch. If u get one with a leather or rubber strap, no conversion kit is needed. But if u get a bracelet ROO, u will need a conversion kit. The rubber strap is one of the best on the market and of VERY high quality. Get the rubber strap from the dealer which I think includes the endlinks for around ~90.

As dealers go, Josh and Trusty are suppose to be some of the best (but I don't buy from them routinely).

Thanks for the advice guys... The look of the safari is appealing to me despite it's faults. Mary thinks that the numerals have the silver border although it may not be as creamy as the gen - I'm trying to get her to confirm this. Failing that, puretime pics show that the numerals should be as desired. In addition, I should be getting a hktan honey hornback for it.