When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Big Pilot strap options

siesta181

Its a shame that the rep makers can't do better than to slap 2 thin pieces of leather on a rubber like thingy. Its this "that'll just do" mentality is what is driving most of us to the brink...

I need some suggestions for a BP strap that is close to OEM specs. I can't justify paying close to USD 500.00 for a strap for a sub USD200 watch.

I know HKTAN does good work but I am not buying anything from him that's not ready to be shipped. Strapluxe looks good for its price. Any experience on this?

Any other suggestions is much appreciated.

Cheers

S181

Its a shame that the rep makers can't do better than to slap 2 thin pieces of leather on a rubber like thingy. Its this "that'll just do" mentality is what is driving most of to the brink...

I need some suggestions for a BP strap that is close to OEM specs. I can't justify paying close to USD 500.00 for a strap for a sub USD200 watch.

I know HKTAN does good work but I am not buying anything from him that's ready to be shipped. Strapluxe looks good for its price. nay experience on this?

Any other suggestions is much appreciated.

Cheers

S181

Hey S181,

The rep strap sucks indeed,too plasticky and glossy.

I have been sourcing everywhere for a good quality BP strap.I have to admit that HK Tan's custom gator BP strap is the only way to go if you do not want to pay a premium.I have had Strapluxe before but the gator pattern is no where near HK's work.I attached a pic of the Strapluxe gator on my 5002 below (1st pic).The pattern is sort of like embossed which is disappointing .

Heck,even ready made HK's BP calf strap looks more impressive than the strapluxe.That's my 0.02 cents...hope it helps... :victory:

DSC_0075.jpg

I agree, a list of good aftermatket straps for the BP would be good to have. I am in the market for a replacement strap myself, black gator (maybe ostrich)with black stitching, and so far I have found;

OEM, HKTAN, Straplux and Gorilla.

$400-500 is a bit steep for me and I would rather spend less than on the watch itself. HKTAN and Gorilla have a price more to my liking b.

Do anyone have a tip for a lower price alternative?