When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep Vs Genuine

Incursore

I have too genuine Pam 196 and 177. I ordered a replica 195. I have not gotten it yet. I am looking around and even though I am purchasing two more Genuine Pams 253 and 217 I have the urge to get a replica 212, 86, 88 and 202. Do most rep owners buy the genuine also or are they only into reps?

Hello Incursor welcome around.

to answare your question lot of usual meber here also have genuine watch (not speaking for the peolple that just find this site to buy a submariner rep and go away).

you'll find out that lot of people here are basicaly watch freaks and some of them watch expert.

of course not everybody can afford a 196 that goes around 5k€ on after market, but wou will find plenty of base pam /rolie/ omega owner and people collecting vintage or less know quality watch.

see ya around ..

Hello Incursor welcome around.

to answare your question lot of usual meber here also have genuine watch (not speaking for the peolple that just find this site to buy a submariner rep and go away).

you'll find out that lot of people here are basicaly watch freaks and some of them watch expert.

of course not everybody can afford a 196 that goes around 5k€ on after market, but wou will find plenty of base pam /rolie/ omega owner and people collecting vintage or less know quality watch.

see ya around ..

I have both kinds. If you appreciate quality timepieces, you can appreciate good reps and well as the "genuine" articles. The lines continue to blur between the two.

--Barcat

Thanks for the responses. The 195 will be my first replica and I got it because it was the most obvious. The 212 and 253 I am absolutely in love with but can only afford one. Blue hands win every time. So I am going with the 253. I saw someone post a replica and my heart is beating already. I might get the rep until the gen becomes available. How do I find River's page? I need to talk to him.

Welcome !

I have gen & rep too :)

Gen : Tag Heuer, Seiko, Poljot and Tissot.

Rep : Pam111 & Omega PO

The watch I want to buy :

Gen : One panerai ! But not now ! I'm dreaming of the Submersible !

Rep : A rolex, i dont know wich model i want, i love the GMT Master II but I read it doesn't exist good rep of it.

So, it will be a vintage sub or explorer II.

Edited by AlexM