When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My IWC Franken 3714-17 has awakened !

kgbAgent

Hey Peeps

After nearly 9 months I finally have a workin beauty of my grail piece. This has a Concepta sourced:

• Gen movement
  • Gen Dial & Hands
  • Gen Crown
  • Domi Double AR

It took so long as hit has been around the world 3 times, sat in Customs for a few weeks & basically been a painful experience but now it has been humming on my wrist for the last 7 days & I am a HAPPY wearer :thumbsupsmileyanim:

These babies dont seem to travel well via the post service so went back twice cos it exhibited the same faults as the reps - it would just stop whenever & could be a pain to restart. Concepta was brilliant to deal with and took it back to be checked and even replaced the movement !!!! This time when it returned the sweeper would sometimes freeze at 58 seconds and stop the watch. I took it to a local watchsmith and it appeared a little microscopic spring & other part had come loose inside the watch - something the watchsmith attributed to the transit of the watch. Since he reattached the bits it has been flawless :drinks:

I really love the strap Eric from Hamiltons has made --- it looks way better than my fotos can do justice --- really unique pattern.

I will NEVER get rid of this watch as I have wanted one since I bought my first flawed rep in Hanoi 4 years ago. I went thru 3 reps before the gen movement option came up. Sure it is not a cheap path to take but cheaper than trying to find a used gen. Next on the project list is the 3714-01 where I am awaiting the gen dial to materialise.

May I just reiterate that Concepta is a awesome awesome awesome guy to deal with - a man of integrity. I recommend him heartily. Also a big big thanks to Domi for his skills.

On to some fotos

IMG_0731-m_1.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0729-m.jpg

IMG_0728-m.jpg

IMG_0726-m.jpg

IMG_0725-t.jpg

IMG_0732-m.jpg

IMG_072m.jpg