When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Case smoothness DSSD

Assasimon

Howdy!

I just recently bought a Ultimate DSSD with the Swiss ETA from The Kartell and I just have a little question when it comes to the "Feel and smoothness" of the watch.

My friend received his Ultimate DSSD with the Asia Rolex Clone Movement two weeks ago and the feel of his case and bracelet is much smoother then mine. (Also from The Kartell)

I have a gen 16660 Seadweller and my friends DSSD is close to spot on when it comes to the feel of the edges.

So my question is. Is there a difference from watch to watch when it comes to the grinding of the case and bracelet or have I by any chance received a older version of the watch?

Anyone that might give me some input?

Regards!

/J

Well. First thing I did with mine is clean it up.

Case - used simple metal cleaner (the cotton ball already impregnated type for silver polishing). lite rub over and good clean after with a cotton cloth.

For the bracelet I removed, did the same with the silver polish. Then soaked it in oil. left for impregnation. then cleaned off and finally rubbed over with a cotton cloth.

Now the case and bracelet don't make noises, and feel much more 'silky'. Was amazing how black the silver polish balls became, indicating the metal as received was pretty dirty....

Well. First thing I did with mine is clean it up.

Case - used simple metal cleaner (the cotton ball already impregnated type for silver polishing). lite rub over and good clean after with a cotton cloth.

For the bracelet I removed, did the same with the silver polish. Then soaked it in oil. left for impregnation. then cleaned off and finally rubbed over with a cotton cloth.

Now the case and bracelet don't make noises, and feel much more 'silky'. Was amazing how black the silver polish balls became, indicating the metal as received was pretty dirty....

Thanx for the tip Scotty!

I will try this and see how it will turn out. Probably really good!

Hell of a watch by the way!!

Regards!

/J