When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help!- Replacing The Stem On The 212

kritz

ok

so I picked up a spare 212 for parts to try to repair my 212.

after I got into it, i noticed they were completly different.

Basically, i'm looking to swap out a stem from what appears to be an eta into an asian 7750. (I think it is a 7750)

I was looking to move a decorated mass from one to the other. After getting them apart it was clear they are not interchangeable.

The cases are clearly different as the case backs are NOT interchangable ....

so here is my question....

how to install the stem?????

I know i need to push the small button when i install the stem ....

but it doesn't seem to lock - when rotating it, it appears to wind, but it doesn't move the hands.

(even if I pull it out a little)

maybe it isn't long enough? How to lengthen? is the crown attached via a screw coupling?

maybe it needs to be pushed in More to get it to lock in?

is there a guide about installing a stem???? it appears there is an annular [censored] - is this what the mechanism grips onto when the botton is pushed?

Kritz. In building my 6152 project, I've also recently learned the hard way that there are at least several manufacturers involved in making any given model of rep, which is the main reason for the variation. I've got a growing collection of parts as a result.

I too would like a clear set of instructions on re-inserting a stem into an asian 7750 with a simple button. I've messed up every single asian 7750 I've tried to fix (typically a misaligned hand) trying to reinsert the stem. I have no problems doing it on the manual unitas movements.