When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to package a watch for shipping

yisuspoul

As many of you already know, an appretiated member of this community just had an "unfortunate" issue with a watch received literally in pieces. The vendor claiming that the fault was on the post guys side but seems that the packaging was not the most appropriate for a watch.

Since I have to ship a watch I have taken a couple of pics and written this "tutorial" on how a basic packaging should be done.

First of all these are the items you will need: a watch to ship, lots of bubble wrap, adhesive tape, small bag, scissors and a box. Who does not have all of this at hand?

1033608.jpg

Then, put the watch on the bag.

1033609.jpg

After that wrap the bag with some bubble wrap and use the tape generously...

1033610.jpg

Then use some more buble wrap to fill completely the box to give the watch some extra cushioning.

1033611.jpg

Use some more tape to seal the box

1033612.jpg

Finally add the mail address and some more tape on top of that and you have an almost bombproof pakaged watch.

10336142.jpg

Isn't it that difficult, is it?

By the way the watch is the 202A just received from DSN with some issues :black_eye:

Just to add. I normally re-use the styrofoam box and all the bubble wrap that comes when you order a watch from the dealer. Its an ideal size, doesn't give too much space for the watch to shift around and is shock, damage proof cos the styrofoam box takes a lot of damage.