When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Day/Date not aligning on A7750

My bro-in-law has a rep Tag Heuer Carrera chrono.

It runs the seconds at 9 and has a day date function.

The small silver bezel that surrounds the day date window came loose so he asked me to see if I could fix it.

I removed the stem and movement and put it back in place, reassembled everything and it worked fine for about a week and then the bezel fell off again.

I removed the stem and movement and adhered the bezel to the dial with a minute amount of glue. No squeeze out etc.

I reassembled everything again and went to set the date and time for him.

The day/date were aligned at this point.

I pulled the crown out to the day/date adjustment and the day only changed halfway and stopped. Turning the crown did nothing now. The date changed fine so I tried advancing the day by using the time setting position. The day advanced but was misaligned in the window.

I removed the stem and movement and checked for glue etc on the day overlay, nothing.

After reassembly the day only changes about halfway when in the day/date setting position but changes OK when in the time setting position but ends up being misaligned.

Can you tell me what I did wrong this time? I didn't force anything or hear anything strange when I reassembled it.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

It almost seeems like one of the gears jumped a notch or something.

I will be banging my head against the wall while waiting for a reply. :(