When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

strap for watcheden porto chrono that doesn't scrape case

soonerwatch

I have been enjoying my watcheden quartz porto chrono since I received it last month. It came on a decent croc grain brown strap. I want to add a black croc grain. Picked up a nice di modell Bali for another watch and it looks great on the Porto. Only problem is that the stap sits so snug against the watch case that when it rotates back and forth the leather gets scraped off. I had to color the strap with a black sharpie it was so bad.

Anyone know of a decent croc grain strap that doesn't rub against the watch case? What about the bob straps (waccex) that are supposedly made for the iwc?

I have been enjoying my watcheden quartz porto chrono since I received it last month. It came on a decent croc grain brown strap. I want to add a black croc grain. Picked up a nice di modell Bali for another watch and it looks great on the Porto. Only problem is that the stap sits so snug against the watch case that when it rotates back and forth the leather gets scraped off. I had to color the strap with a black sharpie it was so bad.

Anyone know of a decent croc grain strap that doesn't rub against the watch case? What about the bob straps (waccex) that are supposedly made for the iwc?

you probably only need a smaller strap. A7750 portos have 20/18 mm straps but maybe the quartz one is different. Check the size of the strap you have bought, maybe you just got the wrong size strap.

just my 2c.

nope - it is definitely a 20mm strap. The lug holes are very close to the case. This is nice because it doesn't leave a gap between the strap and watch. Surely someone else has run into this. I really want to order a waccex bob strap or hirsch duke. Anyone have experience with those on a watcheden porto chrono?

nope - it is definitely a 20mm strap. The lug holes are very close to the case. This is nice because it doesn't leave a gap between the strap and watch. Surely someone else has run into this. I really want to order a waccex bob strap or hirsch duke. Anyone have experience with those on a watcheden porto chrono?

i have one BOB strap but on a standard IWC 3714 (a7750) one. it works well and although i dont use it very often it is a perfect fit. and doesnt get damage in the sides. But the quartz version might be different.

just to be clear I am not talking about damaging the sides of the strap but the 20mm wide "end" of the strap that rubs against the round part of the case. I am going to pull the trigger on a waccex bob and give it a try.

sorry for my english but that was exactly what i meant. The 20mm wide end next to the cas.e In my case it is a perfect fit and does not rub againts the case (it stays like 1 mm away). In the sides is really tight against the lug holes but doesnt gets damaged as well. So its basically a perfect fit.

About the Bob straps, i can say they are cheap and decent quality for price, but i dont find them very confortable (they look nice though). They are very stiff (maybe they just need some more usage or a product to make then softer (i guess i heard somewhere about a product to do this)).

regards