When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replacing Bezel Insert

Antonio

I'm pretty sure this has been covered before, but my searches don't yield how to do this.

I have a SD rep, Josh's "perfect" model. LOVE it. The HE valve I can live with. The bezel insert has a flat pearl. I want to get a gen insert. Can I replace this myself (I'm a butterfingered amateur)? What will I need and how is it done?

TIA

Not quite sure how your searches aren't coming up with any insert threads. See the 'Quick Search' in the upper left corner? Just type 'insert' in there and you'll find tons of DIY threads for this exact mod. Or for more specific threads, go the the Watch Repair & Upgrade forum and at the bottom of the page there is another search function, type the same thing in there?

For a gen insert, the sides will need to be sanded a bit and the bottom sanded much more for the the insert to fit. Then it must be glued to the bezel. A rather easy mod but somewhat tedious and time consuming.