When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MingZhou movement in rep sub ?

Cobra GT

This is an Asian movement that is in a sub I have, and they are calling it Ming Zhou. Does anyone know anything about this movement? To me it seems pretty smooth, it hack and has quick date wheel change. Is this the Asian clone for the ETA 2836 or 2824, and what has anyone else heard about it and call it? Sorry the pictures are a little funky, it need to be cleaned up a bit. Thanks for your reply.

with rotor

cartelsubmovement029.jpg

another

cartelsubmovement025.jpg

one with out the rotor

cartelsubmovement001.jpg

Hi, that movement is made by Dixmont. A Chinese movement maker. I've got a pair of them too so i think they are quite common in reps. They are marketed as A21, but A21 could be any of many other movements.

I'm a newb but from what I've found on the web that is a rolex-decorated DG2813 from Dixmont.

A bit more info and a few links is avaible in this thread I started about a week ago!

Have done some more reading.

The DG28 series is based on Miyota 8200-series, not on any ETA-product. In comparison to the Miyota movement it has a hack feature, you'd want that on most 'rolex' watches wouldn't you.

A new DG28 would set you back about 15$ so don't waste any money ever servicing it.

Now both you and I know more about our movements :drinks:

/Furu