When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Speedy worth a relume?

whoever

is a 70 dollars Speedmaster rep worth a relume? Would very much like to do that, but no idea if it's a total waste of money or not? How much would it be appr?

Actual lume lasts about 40secs.... :wounded1:

Who should i ask?

And i absolutely love this watch....

thanks for any opinions...

cheers and a nice saturday hopefully without rain for you!

Consider several things:

1. What movt does it have? If its a 21j they cannot be repaired, only replaced. They cost $15-30. Will you do the movt swap or pay someone else to do it?

2. How long do you plan on owning it? If a 21j movt see above, if not it can be serviced and giving it a long serviceable life.

Many will tell you it isn't worth it. If it breaks buy another. Only you can determine if it is worth it.

Personal opinion: if you have an eta or Asian clone id have it serviced. Clone or eta movts generally have more quality components than their counterparts. 21j i would use it as something to play with, to learn more about reps. You buy a version of a rep you never know when they will stop producimg that version with all of the quality attributes.

I guess it's really up to you to decide.

If I had a cheap watch that I really loved and cared for I would absolutely spend the money. :clapping: Even though it feels weird to spend more on reluming than the cost of the watch. Go ahead do it, and if the movement breaks - replace it, or transfer your relumed dial.