When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Paypal Issues

elwopo

This whole issue of dealing with PayPal seems to rear it's ugly head every once in a while.

I would very much like to get some feedback on the process and the experiences that members and dealers have had.

The benefit for buyers is simple. It is easy to complete a purchase without giving away too much personal information and credit card numbers that could be sold at a later date.

The problem for sellers is that we hear of accounts being suspended or amounts being taken away due to disputes.

To the dealers....are your accounts set up as personal or business? Business accounts offer greater protection and more resolution tools. There is not much required to have an account set up as "business".

The reports we see of PayPal issues don't need to happen....and are easily avoidable. The dispute resolution process is quite clear....and is not escalated to review status initially.

My attempt is to gather information regarding your experiences so that I may offer assistance.

My business is internet marketing and sales....with a large percentage of transactions completed through PayPal. While there have been disputes....there has never been a situation in which my account was "suspended" or disrupted in any way.

Experiences can be PM'd or posted.

PayPal gets just a sniff of you selling reps and you're suspended.

Disputes while of themselves should not matter they bring the seller under the spotlight and again any hint of reps and the axe falls.

For rep dealers PayPal is a perpetual 'Sword of Damocles', for buyers an expected priviledge.