When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage Vacheron Help!

tonton2000

Can anyone help identify this VC?

Its been given to me to try and sell.

It seems to be solid 18k gold, both the case and band.

I havent opened the back, as i dont want to damage it, but i dont know if it will pop off, or if i nee to screw it off.

Does this look familiar to anyone?

Thanks!

post-127-1160142959_thumb.jpg

post-127-1160142940_thumb.jpg

post-127-1160142913_thumb.jpg

post-127-1160142890_thumb.jpg

post-127-1160142865_thumb.jpg

post-127-1160142978_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tonton,

Any luck identifying the watch? Would help if you had a shot of the Movement.

To me .. it looks .. late 1950's .. similar dial can be seen on a Minute repeater .. ref: 4261. Lot 226 from the Antiquorum Catalogue 2005.

Is there any numbers on the case?

I would describe it as:

stepped bezel

Dial: silvered with applied yellow gold baton indexes. Yellow gold baton hands.

As for the movement I would say that it's a Cal 9"' 1003, 17 jewels, straight line lever escapement. ref: 6704/3 .. (but of course this is a guess .. I would need to see the movement itself to be sure) This movement was first launced at Basel fair in 1955 and several thousand examples were produced in collaboration with the Lecoultre factory.

Hi Tonton,

Any luck identifying the watch? Would help if you had a shot of the Movement.

To me .. it looks .. late 1950's .. similar dial can be seen on a Minute repeater .. ref: 4261. Lot 226 from the Antiquorum Catalogue 2005.

Is there any numbers on the case?

I would describe it as:

stepped bezel

Dial: silvered with applied yellow gold baton indexes. Yellow gold baton hands.

As for the movement I would say that it's a Cal 9"' 1003, 17 jewels, straight line lever escapement. ref: 6704/3 .. (but of course this is a guess .. I would need to see the movement itself to be sure) This movement was first launced at Basel fair in 1955 and several thousand examples were produced in collaboration with the Lecoultre factory.

Hi.

Thanks alot for your input!

I'll take some shots of the movt, the markings on there say 1001/2

Does this ring any bells?

It;s most likely a Vacheron et Constantin Patrimony from the mid 60's to mid 70's.....18k gold...fitted with a Milanese bracelet in 'bark' finish.........and deployant clasp..the design is very similar to a large number of watches that were popular at that time.......plain dial with baton markers.....many manufacture such as Baume et Mercier...Longines....Bueche Girod....Faver Leuba ..Roamer etc etc.....had similar models....all of them known as 'ultra-plat'.........the Milanese bracelets were very fashionable....as were the beaded rice and checkerboard patterned ones...!

Here's a couple of examples from the same period .... Longines and Piaget versions....in steel of course and not genuine.......two of my reps....the nice thing about these 'vintages'...is that most people are not so familiar with them now...and they can easily pass for the genuine..!

BTW....IT'S WORTH A FEW BOB..... :D

133748-18618.jpg

133748-18619.jpg

Edited by TTK

Tonton,

I don't know this for sure, so I'm just guessing:

Both SmoothOperator and TTK could be right. However, there is one detail that confuses me a little bit, and that is the brand name on the dial. On your watch the print says 'Vacheron Constantin' - to my limited knowledge older VC's have 'Vacheron & Constantin' printed on them.

I don't know when this changed, but think it was in the early 80's. Looking in a VC catalogue I have from oct. '83, you can see both variants, but the majority is without the '&'.

I have a gen VC bougt back in '84, and the dial printing on this one is 'V&C'. On the other hand the transition may have been spread over several years, so this might not be a good indicator at all.

Inside the back cover you should find the case no.: it starts with 5 or 6 digits then a slash, and after this slash the case number itself is stated with a 4 or 5 digit number.

You could also ask in this forum: http://www.network54.com/Forum/201111/ They have far better knowledge than me.

TTK: That Piaget - one word - wonderfull :Jumpy:

*cough* Obvious hunk o' junk there Tonton... tell you what... For a pal like you I'll take that boat anchor off your hands and such for you... I'll gladly pay you 14usd via paypal if you accept the paypal fees and you ship it overnight to me included in that prior offered 14usd... I don't think you'll get a better offer than this. :whistling: *cough*

Man... beautiful piece there. That is why VC is my favorite maker by far... classy simple design with an amazingly thin height. I don't even care for gold watches but I'd make an exception for that one... and oh yeah... my 14usd offer stands if you can't get anyone to take it off your hands. :p