When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some of my franckens

kylus

thanks man, actually i rotate through all of them together with my gens.

the straps are from hktan and lonestar.

wow, never seen a member with soo many FMs. i assume you wear the top two the most since they're the only ones with matching times. are the straps rep?

:pimp:

thanks! i have that too, but the ford hand color is different from my gen's.

in fact the shiny blue transcluscent hands on crazy hours are the exact blue.

Great collection. Wear those well. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Here is one you will get a kick out of - the first The Zigmeister Conquistador dial with the mystery ford auto body paint to get that perfect hand color. ;)

DSC_0021.jpg

Edited by kylus

thanks! i have that too, but the ford hand color is different from my gen's.

in fact the shiny blue transcluscent hands on crazy hours are the exact blue.

That is interesting on the Crazy Hours. On the older Conquistador they were classic properly blued hands ala Breguest, etc. I live down the street from the Muller Boutique so I get to see all of them. Does the Crazy Hours use the same electric blue they use on the Mariner.I do wish they would rep that piece. It is my current favorite. By the way I am very jealous of those gens. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

i believe they're the ford blue on the 8001 conquistadors? coz my 8005 and cortez gens are in the electric blue.

hey you've got a holy grail 2892 conquistador, think they're rarer than the gen nowadays. :drinks:

That is interesting on the Crazy Hours. On the older Conquistador they were classic properly blued hands ala Breguest, etc. I live down the street from the Muller Boutique so I get to see all of them. Does the Crazy Hours use the same electric blue they use on the Mariner.I do wish they would rep that piece. It is my current favorite. By the way I am very jealous of those gens. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

i believe they're the ford blue on the 8001 conquistadors? coz my 8005 and cortez gens are in the electric blue.

hey you've got a holy grail 2892 conquistador, think they're rarer than the gen nowadays. :drinks:

I suspect you know a lot more than I. I do have that 8001 2892 rep. When I saw what Ziggy could do with the dials I bought a few from the eBay lady. What I know I know from a combination of stopping by the boutique and another long gone member who loved FM's. He amassed dozens of dials in the hope that various reps would come and was nice enough to offer dials for projects to me. He knew every old school model including the movements. As you know once you get beyond the basic 2892 models you start getting into some unique movements. Many are based on ETA ebauches but you then have to figure out exactly what movement you are looking for and what cheap watch had it.

Yep, I learned alot about FMs from Archibald's postings. :good:

I suspect you know a lot more than I. I do have that 8001 2892 rep. When I saw what The Zigmeister could do with the dials I bought a few from the eBay lady. What I know I know from a combination of stopping by the boutique and another long gone member who loved FM's. He amassed dozens of dials in the hope that various reps would come and was nice enough to offer dials for projects to me. He knew every old school model including the movements. As you know once you get beyond the basic 2892 models you start getting into some unique movements. Many are based on ETA ebauches but you then have to figure out exactly what movement you are looking for and what cheap watch had it.