When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Refreshing my LH112

ATEspo

The only Panerai I own and the watch I wear the most is my DSN/LH 112 (DSN case/crystal/case back, LH dial, LH hands, LH crown, LH CG, LH movement).

After some time, it needs a "refresh", what I call a "refresh" is a new lume job, and a new case/crystal. The case that its in right now is just scratched, which doesn't bother me but the lume does NOT last long and the crystal has NO AR on it.

What I need to find out is what direction to take this. I dont want to spend an arm and a leg and dont feel like waiting months to have the work done. I have a few options at this point. I can pick up a new 111J and having all my parts swapped into/onto that case, this way I will have a new case and a nice AR crystal --OR-- I can just live with the case I have right now and just buy an AR crystal and have them instal it while the lume is getting done.

What I want to do is send my 112 to a watchsmith (not sure who to use, thats why I am posting here) and have them re-lume the dial/hands as well as swap all the parts from my 112 into the 111J case and visa-versa (or have them re-lume the dial/hands and replace my crystal with one with GOOD AR).

What do you guys think? Anyone in the USA that will be able to do the work for me? Anywhere I can find a good AR crystal and/or case-set? Am I Better off buying a 111J and using those parts? Any other suggestions how I can "refresh" my 112?

Thanks in advance!!

Okay, I found some answers...

I have a bunch of options.

1. I can send my 112 to Rex and have him re-lume the dial/hands as well as apply his AR onto the crystal and call it a day.

2. I can order a 005 and have him swap my 112 parts into the 005 (and visa versa).

3. Order a 111J and 005, use the 111J caseset and the 005 crystal and have eveything swapped around

Cheapest way around would just be #1.

Will a 111J caseback fit a 005 case? (can I put an open caseback onto a pam with a closed caseback?)

Edited by ATEspo