When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PVD PAM GMT w/2893?

TJGladeRaider

I had a PAM years ago with a 2893 movement in it. I really liked that watch but the lume wasn't very good in those days and it wasn't PVD - 063, I think.

Are there any of these still available anywhere?

Also, if there is no 2893 available anywhere, what would be the best available alternative?

Basically, I am looking for the best PVD PAM GMT with torch lume I can find.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Bill

As scary as this may sound... the best PAM GMT movement I've ever owned in the rep world is a high-beat A7750, unserviced, in an older 186.

It's been within +/- 3 seconds of dead on for several years now.

My other "most reliable" GMT reps have also been A7750 based. My 2836 w/GMT mod movements always seem to need work... the GMT hand starts slipping usually as the addition to the movement to get the GMT effect isn't quite up to snuff.

As scary as this may sound... the best PAM GMT movement I've ever owned in the rep world is a high-beat A7750, unserviced, in an older 186.

It's been within +/- 3 seconds of dead on for several years now.

My other "most reliable" GMT reps have also been A7750 based. My 2836 w/GMT mod movements always seem to need work... the GMT hand starts slipping usually as the addition to the movement to get the GMT effect isn't quite up to snuff.

Yep, that was my experience with the hacked 2836's - and why I love the Rolex GMTs with 2893s I bought.

Thank you for that info about the high-beat A7750. Is everyone else having good experiences with that movement?

As always, I appreciate you taking the time to share thoughts.

Bill

The 2893 is certainly of the better / best options for a GMT. As a side note the A21j of unspecified model has proven to be a horrible GMT in the two that darkened my doorstep... It was a faux GMT at best and one of the two lasted about three hours. The other is still kicking, but it was a pain to get regulated and has never functioned to my satisfaction.