When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do you use your same RWG user ID on the Gen Forums such as VRF and others?

Mapman57

Hi to all

I use my same user id across the various Rep forums on the net.

I am interested to know if you use THE SAME user ID (Name) on the various genuine watch forums that are out there such as VRF and others. :whistling:

I am in the search for a genuine vintage Rolex watch and need to be a registered member in some of these forums.

Just wondered what the protocol is - as I know many here, are also members across those Boards as well - especially our leading Rolex experts.

All help and guidance appreciated :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hey Map, do a search in this GD forum for a thread on this exact subject.

I think in the main most people used different ID's in rep and gen forums. Makes sense really, the gen forums are so far up their own arses most of the time, that if they knew you were even just a member on here or the other Fora, your name would be mud within days.

Most of the guys on the Gen forums are like our very own lovable Dave123 x1000, now imagine that and try not to cry!! For them it's all, "look what I have, aren't I great because I have an expensive watch, unlike those rep scum who just make us look cheap!!" Fuck em I say, Dave123 owns and has owned countless gens and reps, he has the odd drink and likes a ramble on the forums when he drinks, nothing wrong there most of us like a drink and a boast sometimes, but these guys make Dave look like an innocent school kid!! It's all about the $$'s and the "look what I have that you never could!"

I have better things to do with my life than to listen to some jumped up arsehole tell me how great they are because they have the newest Sub from Basel World, or that they have *insert bullshit line here*!!

At least on here you get real people talking about real things! That and Dave123 is generally very funny when he drinks and mouths off!! :)

Sixx :bones:

Cheers Sixx !!

Great response - yep you're right I should have searched first! As for Dave123 - who am I to comment ....ha ha ha.

I read the thread in this forum about the 'TZ thread and the DRSD'............I could not believe the high ass attitude of the high post count people on TZ. Cross the road if you see them coming - that would be my advice!!!

People who pay £10k for a 'BRANDED ' product calling us 'pretentious plebs' WTF does that make the 'Brand Suckers'???

I have Gens as well like many of us - see my Sig - hence my interest in joining VRF.

Now off topic - do I recall that you was looking for some bracelet links for a 3707 GST Ti Chrono some months back. I have an extra bracelet (2 links short) that I will now sell on, or part out if there is demand - cos I sold on my beloved 3707 :wounded1:

? Just PM me if you need something for yours.