When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Over And Over Again

t

i received yesterday my IWC portugieser chrono from silix at group buy.

First time i noticed that watch runns to slow... 10minutes per day :Jumpy:

i bring it to my local watchmaker (he hate asia 7750 movements) and he tell me that the regularor is on extremly - minus.. so he adjust the watch and makes it faster....

watch runns perfect. :g:

next day i notice that the watch stops??? i open the case and look into the movement. I test this and this and aprupt fall down a 5mm long screw from inside of movement???? It is the case screw (hold the case closed) and i fix it (but will not fit exactly)

watch runns again :g:

after 1 hour i noticed that the watch runns 25 sec. in 1 hour to fast???

i opend the watch again and noticed,that the rotor is unfixed. I fix the rotor and it runns again. But after some minutes i notice that the watch stopps again. I don´t know why? They run again and stopps after 20-30minutes?

what in hell is that?

Edited by tourbillon1801

Its an asian 7750 copy! This is the same story again. All asian 7750 copy movements needs to be serviced in order to perform better. I can't understand why people buy a watch with a movement that has received so many bad reviews and still hope that theirs will not fail. :wounded1:

Nothing personal just my opinion :D

Cheers. vaccum

I initially had a problem with my IWC chrono as well. It was frequently stopping. When I opened the case, here is what I found:

131481-19148.jpg

...It looked like a case screw to me. (You can't really say there's no quality control in the rep industry, but it really doesn't extend inside the case).

EL replaced the watch, and the new one has no problems.