When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

big pilot

alleyoop

hey guys,

i was never really a fan of the iwc but i saw a big pilot in real life the other day and WOW! it was amazing which made me look into a rep, all the links in the guide for a review dont work or it's forbidden for me. i tried the search function but cant seem to get any good info. i'm looking to get a 5002 model with working power reserve...i'm not too sure what im looking for and price range etc. not too sure which one is better and there are so many out there im just so lost. also what mods could be done to make it look better? i know the AR isnt great. any advice would be great to a noob iwc repper!!

thanks

Majority of IWC reps are very well made.

....omissis...

The Big Pilot is also very nice out of the box. The 5002 is more accurate than the 5004. You will need to change the strap, though, cause there's no way you can pass the rep for a $10k watch with the strap that it comes with. If you're anal, you'll probably need to adjust the power reserve hand. But chances are you'll never meet someone who owns a Big Pilot.

....omissis...

All of these watches would benefit greatly from an AR coating. But it's not something people will call you out for. The ones without a SS bracelet will need a new strap because rep straps suck.

Read SD4K's guide, then read every thread he links to in that guide, and you'll be more familiarized with the brand and will be able to make a more informed decision. No other way around it.

Good luck

Hope might help

thanks, but the links don't work on the review page. do u recommend any straps mate?

On the review, anytime you see a "rwg.cc/members/index..." change it to "rwgforum.com/index..."

before: rwg.cc/members/index

after rwgforum.com/index

Here's a good read.

Regarding straps, for the 5002 you will want a brown leather strap. For the 5004 you will want a black croc strap. Pretty sure that's how they came stock.

My strap is a leather custom made by hk tan, which took a couple of weeks to get here, but it's one of the best straps I own. There may be better, and there are definitely cheaper options out there. Do some research and get back to us on that. Search for "5002", "5004", "pilot", "faux" here on the forum and you should get plenty of info.

I've bought 3 of these watches (5002). Don't ask me why (my fault). Awesome watch. Chick magnet.

I get laid every time I wear it.