When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Patek Philippe Geneve Black Dial--Is this video of a Gen or a Rep

greekgod

Hello esteemed VIP members,

I have a small query and would like to get your opinion on the video. Its only 50sec and the guy claims the watch to be a rep. To me all his watches in the vids look super cool and so I wanted to know if you can give ur opinion if you think this watch is a rep or a gen ..thx in advance

PS: MAY BE SEE SOME OF HIS OTHER VID THE WATCHES LOOK REALLY NICE...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDNsgCnJC-M

Sorry posted this in the VIP section and got no response so posted here... Any chance the mods can delete the one on VIP section please?

Hello esteemed VIP members,

I have a small query and would like to get your opinion on the video. Its only 50sec and the guy claims the watch to be a rep. To me all his watches in the vids look super cool and so I wanted to know if you can give ur opinion if you think this watch is a rep or a gen ..thx in advance

PS: MAY BE SEE SOME OF HIS OTHER VID THE WATCHES LOOK REALLY NICE...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDNsgCnJC-M

Sorry posted this in the VIP section and got no response so posted here... Any chance the mods can delete the one on VIP section please?

Well, the guy claims it's a rep so I'd go ahead and take his word for it. Secondly, I've never seen a PP chrono in steel. Thirdly, I've never seen a PP that looked like that particular watch. Fourthly, when he starts the chrono, you can clearly see the seconds hand "tick". I've never known PP to make a quartz chrono nor a deadbeat chrono. Also, the guy claims it's a rep so...

Thanks guys... its just that I have seen some of his other vids are the watches look very good as I said .. however I fear he may be using the gens in the video to lure people..ad would end up sending real cheap/fake watches.. so I asked.. but thanks for the feedback wombat/superlative.

Thanks guys... its just that I have seen some of his other vids are the watches look very good as I said .. however I fear he may be using the gens in the video to lure people..ad would end up sending real cheap/fake watches.. so I asked.. but thanks for the feedback wombat/superlative.

I hear you. I'd suggest you stick with known dealers though. Even though their pics might not be the greatest, the actual product doesn't disappoint (as long as you do your research and know what you're buying).

I don't know the dealer in the videos but it could always be the case that he's showing his best products and then shipping the actual product without any QC at all. Either way and at the risk of repeating myself, I'd go with a known dealer.