When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I need help!

Pezhmun1

Hello all I'm new here so I'm still getting a feel for everything. I need help from you guys, can anyone guide me in the right direction to find a good quality IWC Big Pilot replica??? any websites?, locations? etc. I hear that this site might have reps. for sale but I can't find them anywhere. Any help will be appreciated thanks!

Hello all I'm new here so I'm still getting a feel for everything. I need help from you guys, can anyone guide me in the right direction to find a good quality IWC Big Pilot replica??? any websites?, locations? etc. I hear that this site might have reps. for sale but I can't find them anywhere. Any help will be appreciated thanks!

Welcome to the forum! I'm new here as well and I actually just purchased my first rep. Coincidentally, an IWC Big Pilot 5004. The amount of information here can be overwhelming, but I suggest you scroll down the home page of the forum and do some research on the trusted list of dealers that are on this forum. These dealers have all been vetted and are approved to be on this site. Once you have done that and get a feel for who you are comfortable with, you can then make an informed decision on who you would like to purchase from. In my case, I chose Trusty Time (Andrew) and it has been a very pleasant experience so far. Don't take my word for it. Do a search on the BP and the different dealers, then make your own decision.

Welcome to the forum! I'm new here as well and I actually just purchased my first rep. Coincidentally, an IWC Big Pilot 5004. The amount of information here can be overwhelming, but I suggest you scroll down the home page of the forum and do some research on the trusted list of dealers that are on this forum. These dealers have all been vetted and are approved to be on this site. Once you have done that and get a feel for who you are comfortable with, you can then make an informed decision on who you would like to purchase from. In my case, I chose Trusty Time (Andrew) and it has been a very pleasant experience so far. Don't take my word for it. Do a search on the BP and the different dealers, then make your own decision.

Hey Daygo thanx so much for the advice I just have a few questions if you don't mind, 1st what's the difference between a 5002, and a 5004? 2nd I seem to be having a hard time finding the bottom of the page where it shows the sellers, where does it show the sellers? 3rd how much did you pay for your rep? and how good is the quality? Thank you again for all your help!!!

Difference between 5002 and 5004? I'm no expert, but red in the power reserve sub-dial, brown strap vs. black, different design on the crown, date window (white vs. black). I just like the look of the 5004 more. There used to be issues with the 5004 such as wrong hands and recessed date which has been improved with the versions being sold now. Take a look at SD4K's IWC replica guide at the top of the IWC forum and also do a search for "Best Big Pilot". This is what I did and it gave me enough information to pull the trigger.

You can find trusted sellers under the "Watches, Clothing and Accessories" heading on the home page. I actually just received my watch today and I am extremely happy with the quality. Many say the BP is one of the best out of the box rep values out there. Having tried on the gen version a few times and now having this rep, I would have to agree. I have an Orloff strap on the way (rep strap sucks) and I will take care of the PR issue (indicator not pushed all the way to full power) in the near future to get it as close to gen looking as possible.

Difference between 5002 and 5004? I'm no expert, but red in the power reserve sub-dial, brown strap vs. black, different design on the crown, date window (white vs. black). I just like the look of the 5004 more. There used to be issues with the 5004 such as wrong hands and recessed date which has been improved with the versions being sold now. Take a look at SD4K's IWC replica guide at the top of the IWC forum and also do a search for "Best Big Pilot". This is what I did and it gave me enough information to pull the trigger.

You can find trusted sellers under the "Watches, Clothing and Accessories" heading on the home page. I actually just received my watch today and I am extremely happy with the quality. Many say the BP is one of the best out of the box rep values out there. Having tried on the gen version a few times and now having this rep, I would have to agree. I have an Orloff strap on the way (rep strap sucks) and I will take care of the PR issue (indicator not pushed all the way to full power) in the near future to get it as close to gen looking as possible.

cool thanks you're actually like the third person i've read that is going to get the 5004 problem fixed such as your date issue, as well as the hands not falling directly where they should be, people got them "adjusted". where would i go to do that cuz im also thinking of getting the 5004 which btw i did more research and a few of the guys on the forum said the 5002 has a faux power reserve so i guess the 5004 has a real one but like they also say it needs to be adjusted. so back to my original question where in the world would i go to get it fixed/adjusted lol

The recessed date and hand issues are fixed in the latest versions of the 5002 and 5004. It is the power reserve (PR) that is not pushed all the way up that people get "fixed". I'm actually fine with it as is, but I will eventually take care of it. The strap is the only thing people recommend to upgrade asap because the rep straps are cheap. Do a search for "rep friendly watchsmith" in your city and see what comes up. That is who you need get your watched service to fix any issues you might have. If you don't find it in the search, post the question in the general discussion forum and someone should be able to help you.

Fyi, you can get faux power reserve in both the 5002 and 5004. My 5004 has the faux PR. Again, the BP is very close to the gen out of the box. Fixing things like the strap and PR will make it even more so.

The recessed date and hand issues are fixed in the latest versions of the 5002 and 5004. It is the power reserve (PR) that is not pushed all the way up that people get "fixed". I'm actually fine with it as is, but I will eventually take care of it. The strap is the only thing people recommend to upgrade asap because the rep straps are cheap. Do a search for "rep friendly watchsmith" in your city and see what comes up. That is who you need get your watched service to fix any issues you might have. If you don't find it in the search, post the question in the general discussion forum and someone should be able to help you.

Fyi, you can get faux power reserve in both the 5002 and 5004. My 5004 has the faux PR. Again, the BP is very close to the gen out of the box. Fixing things like the strap and PR will make it even more so.

gotcha. hey thanks again for all your advice. call me stupid but im still having a little trouble understanding the whole PR being pushed up what exactly does that mean???

gotcha. hey thanks again for all your advice. call me stupid but im still having a little trouble understanding the whole PR being pushed up what exactly does that mean???

No problem! The PR is the power reserve meter at the 3 o'clock position. On the gen, the hand sits at the bar right after the word "days" when at full reserve. Since the rep's hand is at the "7", people like to push it up to make it look more like the gen.