When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP DIver actually used for diving review from Hodinkee

asf

Nice find and read...allthough I´d be more interested in a rep-DIVER dive review :D

Theo

P.S.: I fear that my DIVER cannot take a shower as I can see a tiny gap between caseback and case and there is no gasket inbetween afaik.

I showered with mine with no problems and that was before I found out mine has the same gap. There is an o-ring between caseback and case. The case back protrudes into the case and there's a gasket around the protruding.

Is the gap on yours still visible after tightening the caseback, bro?

I don't own the diver rep but you might want to undo the caseback and make sure the gasket is seated correctly.

On mine took off the caseback and the gasket sits at the base of the part that protrudes into the case. Picture the caseback like an upside down mushroom and where the stem of the mushroom meets the head, there's a gasket there. I tightened and loctite blue'd the screws so that thing aint coming off. I have a feeling it will be fine

There is a fine line on tightening those screws. If you tighten too much it tends to "suck down" the screws below the top bezel on the older Offshores. If you don't tighten enough there is probably a water resistance issue. My watchsmith told me on that my Chronopassion it actually had thin gaskets below the top bezel screws. I assume that is one of the reasons why the screws tend to sit a little better on the Chronopassion even when the case back is tightened down a lot. I can't speak for the diver but I really think this watch given the relationship between the top and bottom screws is one which should be pressure tested before taking swimming. But that is my 2 cents.