When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBK Nautilus / 1:1 Cartel Nautilus Hybrid?

calatrava

I currently have the 1:1 cartel Nautilus, and I'm contemplating getting the MBK Nautilus as well, since it apparently has a better quality of finishing on the case and bracelet.

My tentative plan is to transplant the movement and dial from the 1:1 cartel Nautilus into the MBK Nautilus case set, since the MBK case set appears to be better, and has the solid caseback, whereas the 1:1 cartel version has the better date font and date window location.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has attempted this to see if it is feasible. I'm guessing the main potential issue is the height of the movement and dial combination, since the 1:1 has a date overlay, and a Sellita SW200, whereas the MBK has an ETA 2836-2, which in turn has implications on the crown location.

Does anyone know if the 1:1 Nautilus date wheel overlay increase the height of the movement? I guess in the worst case, one could transplant the dial, hands, and datewheel overlay to the ETA 2836-2, and install it into the MBK.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Mr C thats a great plan you have. I also like the finish and qualety feeling on the mbw more then the cartel one!!!

Now if it will work i dont know my knowleg is about 2 on a 10 scale :) but i realy think it will work. I dont think you will have problems with the dateoverly but the crown position can be a problem.

I would realy like to see how this goes, very cool plan!!!

Pleas keep us updated!

Mr C thats a great plan you have. I also like the finish and qualety feeling on the mbw more then the cartel one!!!

Now if it will work i dont know my knowleg is about 2 on a 10 scale but i realy think it will work. I dont think you will have problems with the dateoverly but the crown position can be a problem.

I would realy like to see how this goes, very cool plan!!!

Pleas keep us updated!

Is the MBK finish really that much better? How about for the bracelet? The solid cb sort of bugs me, but not a huge deal.

For me, the accuracy of the blue dial seems to be more of an issue, wouldn't it?

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Is the MBK finish really that much better? How about for the bracelet? The solid cb sort of bugs me, but not a huge deal.

For me, the accuracy of the blue dial seems to be more of an issue, wouldn't it?

One of the best ss rep bracelets ever made. Soft and nice realy nice to have on the wrist.

Someone commented that the MBK finish is comparable to a gen Rolex, but not a gen Patek. There are Patek Nautiluses with solid casebacks, and in terms of being less likely to be called out, I think the solid caseback is a big plus.

As for the accuracy of the blue dial, I'm going for the black dial on the MBK, since that's probably the most accurate MBK version if I decide not to follow through on the hybrid. I currently have the blue dial 1:1, and I just ordered another blue one preowned on wrist-check.com, for a steal, $275 shipped!