When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Project X Explorer 2

fischyyy

hey guys,

I just had my daily look at the trusty site and saw a very cute pair of new rolexes. They are from the Project X modding company, which I did not previously know, but it's basically the same as Pro Hunter, just less well known.

http://www.yourtrust...roducts_id=8890

http://www.yourtrust...roducts_id=8891

I personally find the blue edition very sexy and think this might be my first rolex purchase. From the pics what do you think of the quality of the rep (i have only ever worn a Milgauss, this is my first closer look at the Explorer)

Secondly, how does the PVD coating qualify this watch as a daily beater (especially since this is not a nato strap but a pvd metal bracelet). Can it be worn every day or do would I live in constant fear of every little scratch?

And if it's not a daily watch how about a dress watch? (I'm desperately in need of one)

As the Rolex is modded in my opinion it would be unlikely for it to be called out as a rep, especially since there are only very few gen ones.) Am i right?

(Though it would be awkward to meed the person who owns the gen one with the same number :D)

Lastly it should be noted that the gen orange one is sold out.

I think this is a very interesting watch and I look forward to comments from the more Rolex or Pro Hunter experienced users on the forum.

Edited by fischyyy