When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I Have ?'s And Warnings For The Pasha Seatimer And Diy!

rbj69

Well i recieved me a new piece a day ago and i was so pleased to get me a new watch, lol most know i was away for a spell so i didnt have any buying fun in a while actually, and all the work i have been doing on watches was geared towards my friend only and no fun for me, till now, lol many asked me some stuff about this piece and now i can answer i suppose.

The watch is awesome looking but as we know there r a few flaws and questions i need help on, first my questions and then i will give u the warnings for the do it yourself guys ok

1-does anyone know if the 12,3,6,9 and the little hour line markers in between r superlumed ?

2-do u know if the little catcher that holds the crown protector on is supposed to be a little loose when u tighten the cap down? on the genuine is it like that

ok now warnings for the DIY

1-those screws that hold the caseback on have a different threading than the screw does so half of them had to be drilled out, i show u a pic of it and it is not that fun, the screw heads strip easily sort of like those screws holding the wire lugs on a 183

2-im working on the bezel assembly and so far i have noticed the black stuff on those teeth comes off really easily , so be careful when removing

all and all it is a solid watch and nicely done and i feel it will stay in my collection so im modding it to be close as it can get, the things that bother me immediately r , the bezel is too loose as usual, lol the font on the datewheel is not bold enough and aligned , and the things i asked about r my only hangups on what to do to it

this is things i have already done and am showing u before and after

1-the datewheel , the black one im using is very bold font and has the little arabics well sort of close i guess but as good as it gets, lol

BEFORE

139653-17351.jpg

After

139653-17352.jpg

the dials r glued on and do not use the feet like most , i like the feet better but if glued right should last pretty long , but as u can see this one was barely hanging on , lol

what can happen if not glued down properly is the dial will seperate from the movment and slightly move and also can lift just a bit if bumped and push up on the hands and scar your dial, that's one case scenario .

139653-17353.jpg

now the caseback was a bastard , lol i got four out with the head of the screw holding up ok and then four of them appeared to show some slippage from the good guys, lol i had to drill the heads off in order to get the case off, for some reason the last screw was a bit smaller or the hole was a bit bigger and it pused down in the threaded hole almost flush, and that was no fun but i got it finally , lol i held my chin just right , lol

this is the warning picture and remember im really carefull with watches so that means the screws suck that bad , or it could have just been this watch but i really doubt it , lol

139653-17354.jpg

the fix for that to me was i drilled the holes out a bit bigger in order to use a longer and bigger headed screw to secure that baby down with no problems like i just experienced, u would think they would have done this , appearance is not much difference but it is much more solid for sure (yes those tumbs have been working overtime lately, so dont pick , lol)

139653-17355.jpg

heres the screw difference , the one on the left is going to be the new ones see it is a little bit longer and the threads actually fit the watch holes smoother

139653-17356.jpg

oh yeah here is the movment that came with mine , eta 2836 with day and date function , im still looking for my date window, they must have forgotten to cut it out , lol

139653-17357.jpg

now all im waitng for is help from u guys on letting me know about the lume and the crown cap lever thingy majiggy , lol

joe

do u know if the little catcher that holds the crown protector on is supposed to be a little loose when u tighten the cap down?

Yes, I have a gen and it's basically meant to be like a loose chain link. It has about 1mm of free play up and down when closed.

Yes, I have a gen and it's basically meant to be like a loose chain link. It has about 1mm of free play up and down when closed.

well great that answers that question, now how about the hour markers, do they light up like torches? and thanks for your help, it is always comforting to know someone that has the genuine , can u take us some pics of your watch pretty please mainly of the side of the crown and the dial ?

thanks

joe

I don't have a Seatimer gen, just the old style Pasha... you can see how much play there is, even where it's rubbed out the satin finish.

140420-17146.jpg

I've checked the Seatimer in the AD and it is the same setup. Seems like you've already worked out that just the Seatimer hands are lumed. The dial is only printed...

I don't have a Seatimer gen, just the old style Pasha... you can see how much play there is, even where it's rubbed out the satin finish.

140506-17127.jpg

I've checked the Seatimer in the AD and it is the same setup. Seems like you've already worked out that just the Seatimer hands are lumed. The dial is only printed...

great looking watch dec, and yep i think i got it all worked out now, lol thanks

joe