When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problem with PO

vandal.tbh

Hi everyone. I am a first time rep watch buyer. I ordered the 42mm Omega Planet Ocean Ultimate version from one of the more popular trusted sellers on this site. So far his communication has been quick and extremely helpful.

My watch arrived very quickly, and when I opened it up it looked beautiful. However, when I tried to set the date and time, I found a serious problem.

The best way I can describe it is that the stem that connects the crown to the movement is too short. When I unscrew the crown and pull it out, there is only one click and that first click adjusts the time. Pressing one click back in will adjust the date, but it's also now riding on the threads of the case and tries to screw back in. I can hold the crown from screwing back into the case with my fingernails while I'm setting the date, but then when I do try to screw it back in, it still adjusts the date 1 or 2 more days while it's being screwed in. And, because the stem is too short there's no way to manually wind this watch with the crown. I just emailed the seller, and am waiting on a reply.

I feel like I've read about something similar on this forum, but now I can't seem to find anything with a search. Has anyone seen or heard of this kind of problem? Is there an easy fix, or do I need to send it back?

My seller has an outstanding reputation on this forum and I have no doubt he will take care of this problem. It just seems like something that should have been found during QC.

I've been so excited about getting this watch and now it will be weeks or months to get the watch back. I was going to order two more watches tonight, but now I feel like I need to either wait to see how this is resolved, or order from another seller.

Thanks for any inouts or advice!

Edited by vandal.tbh