When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Time to cheat on my Panerai's

chris9

I am new to this area, spend most of my time with Pam's and Omega's. Looking to stray and like the looks of the AP RO Ltd City of Sails Chrono(AP0022) from Andrew at Trusty.

Flirting with a Pam 288K or the unknown, but very nice looking AP0022

Am I being foolish, is AP0022 a good Rep or will I be left wanting more?

Any advice greatfully accepted.

Welcome aboard.....enjoy your stay, there is a lot to learn and read.

If you have questions to AP, you´ll find the answers here or you can ask some of the WIS.

Please use the real names of the watches you request, as the numbers you state above are only dealer specifics.....here is a helpful summary of ROO, as there is no real good RO or ROC in the market, I left those out, cheers

http://www.rwg.cc/topic/134441-what-roo-to-choose-here-is-a-helpful-list/page__fromsearch__1

Theo

Hi Theo,

Thanks for the great reply. I had made a pretty poor choice for my my first AP rep. Turns out the RO was a fantasy watch! Have changed it for a "Safari" and really looking forward to getting it. Andrew was really good about the change of order as well. Like you said "lots to learn"

Thanks again.

Chris9

Yeah, the "City of Sails" edition is a fantasy piece but, to its credit, is a really well-done fantasy piece. It doesn't use a seconds-at-12 dial, so you've got a little extra reliability and makes an ETA 7750 swap trivial since (I believe) it also uses the low-beat A7750 movement.

Plus, there have been SOOooo... many variants of the ROO, who's really going to say, "Hey, I don't remember that one?" :g:

FWIW, I actually think it looks better than a lot of the real editions.