When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RaRe = Gen 5002 Buffalo brown strap with beige stitching

NYCreplica

I recently purchased and received this USED item from the bay:

Below you will see a full description from the bay and HD photos I took earlier today.

Please let me know if you think that this is true to the description or not:

" Original authentic OEM IWC Big Pilot 5002 Buffalo brown strap with beige stitching. This is part number IWA05624 and fits lugs at 22mm with a 18mm deployment buckle. This is the strap that all Big Pilot fans are talking about and looking for. This strap came off my IWC Big Pilot 5002 model. This strap is no longer available from IWC. IWC has since gone to a different manufacturer for this strap. The replacement strap is still made of buffalo but is more refined and more like calfskin then buffalo. Most true IWC fans complain about the looks on the replacement strap. This strap is the one everyone loves and is intentionally more roughly hewn (and quite frankly more manly) then the new one. The strap has been worn for some years and does show a lot of wear. But I feel that just adds more character to Buffalo leather. "

IMG_1173.jpg

IMG_1174.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1177.jpg

IMG_1178.jpg

What scares me the most is the lack of any IWC stamping. Please examine these pictures closely before I decide if this is 100% authentic or not.

THANK YOU!!!

Honest opinion? If you love the strap - buy it. It doesn't really matter if it's gen or not, it's just a strap, not a watch. Personally I have no idea if it's a gen, I'd say not. But if I was looking for a BP strap I'd certainly consider it. Looks great, extremely manly and the wear adds that much character to it. I like it.

• Like 1