When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

El's Pam 2500!

leitztozeiss

That would be realy great a 187 with saphire crystal, no bezel problem AND the 7753 movement, but.... has anyone an idee that that could be done? Is one of our dealer on it?

beacuse if so, I'm in for that 187! :Jumpy:

regards

Huub

Maybe they were waiting till the bezel issue was properly addressed before coming out with the 7753 model.

Just do what I do, get both :) I'm getting the 194 now, and the 187 whenever it's available. But only if the 7753 187 has a genuine sapphire crystal, otherwise it's a no-go. Lack of genuine Sapphire crystal is "the" major flaw that most reps have. Mineral crystal just does not quite "look right", and sapphire crystal (in real life), goes a long way to making a rep believable. It's a pretty big part of that "aura" that gives a watch real presence on the wrist. And the 194 has real sapphire, eddie assured me when I ordered mine earlier today :D

Very unlikely to have a mineral glass crystal - the case here is the same as the current sub $300 187 reps and these all have sapphire. No reason for them not to.

I have had my 194 for a couple of days now. Bear in mind I am a fan of the subs and have owned a gen in the past. I am out of the country so I am not going to pretend that I will have pics anytime soon. Eddie's pics are a fair representation.

The only thing I find a little disappointing is the bezel and its mechanism. The markers are solidly attached. The finish is fairly good although the attachment on the bezel is a little rough on some markers. But this is true on the gen as well. On the markers themself the polished markers look good on the top of the bezel (I am guessing it is the same chrome over copper but that is a guess). The only downside is that the polished look disipates when the marker extends down the side of the bezel. In terms of the quality of the 60 click mechanism it doesn't rattle around but it is clanky. The bezels on all these sub reps vary dramatically. By comparison my favorite bezel mechanism is the one on the 187. The 87 is pretty good as well (60 click if I remember correctly). The 194 is not as good as that or the 187. On the other end of the scale the 243, IMHO, has a truly disappointing bezel mechanism (12 click and loose enough that it rattled around on my watch). The basic Asian 7750 24 bezel mechanism is fairly substantial in spite of the fact it is a 12 click mechanism. Ever wonder why you have minute markers on a 12 click bezel. :lol: It is interesting because you can basically identify the factory by the bezel mechanism on the various subs. The 194 is keeping great time and it is standard submersible rep quality as regards the lume. The date mag is similar to the other subs. It does require a date font upgrade. ;)