When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

pam 029M v2

NYCreplica

I really want to buy it, but for some reason I have a strong feeling that a v2/update will come out within a few weeks (same as 111N, "Best Edition Updated with Singled Sided AR Crystal, Matching lume on dial and hands and improved CG with sharp inner arches and flush lever pin")

1. Can anybody confirm/deny?

2. If I do decide to pull the trigger on v1, other then lume, and ar removal what other mods can be applied to it?

3. Asian/Swiss - in general I always buy asian, but because this my first GMT, and I know that the "Swiss" is modified asian for the GMT, is it worth an extra $90. I honestly don't care about an extra $90 I just want to know if it is better.

THANKS!!!

the current 029m is damn good. the lume, as discussed in another recent thread, is not off as much as thought. it is not the best of colors, but I would not say its inaccurate.

I got a swiss, but just because I get swiss if its an option.

i would go over the QC pics very very closely. I had to go through 4 watches before I got one that was perfect. the dealer had no issue making me happy.

I would go for V1. there will surely be a V2, always is. but whos to say it will be better than V1?

good luck and post pics when you finally decide.

I have had a conversation with one that has both the genuine AND the rep and it VERY minor difference regarding the lumecolor on it!

It is only in cloudy daylight that the repdial is a little ( just a little!) more limeish than the genuine!

In a sunny day it is the same color on the lume :)

So to make a new V2 would be just a little more different lumecolor and maybe a little less "fat" "9" B)

So my conclusion is that the factory will not make a V2 but You NEVER know in the repworld :huh:

BUT I like the lume- color that Vac and The Zigmeister has done on the 029M rep MORE than the original repdial so it is up to You which one ;)