When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I am not sure what I have, but I like it

paneristo000

I just received my PAM 000, but that is not what it is. Pictures will follow but for now, details.

It has a polished case, with the sausage dial like a 000, but it has an open caseback like a 005, and the serial number is H1000/2000.

It also has a polished crown guard, like an earlier G? series.

I am not sure if this is an accurate rep, or a missed matched build, but all the features pair well together.

Any info would be great.

Thanks guys

Yea, I am a little bummed it's not "accurate" but I do like it. I am not sure what I have here. It is a logo base, but it has an exibition case back. So it's not a 000, and it's not a 112. I read where older PAM's had a polished smaller crown guard, as this one does, so aside from the case back it's not too far off. What else seems to be inaacurate? The lume is really bright, it keeps good time, I almost feel like it was built with mismatched parts or something. If that's the case it's sort of a one of a kind! Ha

Well if it is supposed to be a 000 then for a start the caseback, the movement, the recessed cannon pinion, the crownguard including the pin if it is supposed to be one of the late models (don't know if the old models had the smaller polished crownguards).. etc.

Have a read on the new Panerai reps, there are plenty of threads. I suggest you get one of the new closed caseback models (like 000, 005, 318, look for Noob-factory or H-factory) from one of the Trusted Dealers of this board or have a look at the sales section. They sell for around 200 USD and you get a watch that is visually extremely close to the real deal. A couple of years ago you had to invest a lot of time and substantially more money to get a rep to a point that was as good as what you now get right out of the box. As long as you don't have bad luck with the movement you will probably be very happy with one of them.

Edited by Tom Hawkes