When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First WatchEden Order! Keeping Fingers Crossed!

matt314

Well after reading for who knows how many hours I have finally decided to make my first post. I recently broke down and bought two watches from WE. A Zenith Defy and a Hublot Big Band (In the 7750 structure). I hope the upgraded structure makes the watch actuallly look nicer. I guess I will see. They were ordered at two different times because I seem to have a watch "problem" as some people call it. These will be my first ever rep watches. I do not expect this awesome watch but I do hope the quality is at least decent enough. These are the links to the watches. Im keeping my fingers crossed!

Zenith:

http://www.watcheden...-68734-p-1.html

Hublot:

http://www.watcheden...-78985-p-1.html

When I bought the Zentih I didnt want to spend too much money because I have never bought from this dealer, but have read the reviews. I didnt mind getting the quartz movement because of accuracy and well it was much cheaper. I guess these watches are a way of testing the water before I decide to do a cannon ball..

Edited by matt314

Well that is good to hear! Im currently at school and shipped the watches home. According to usps, one will be there Monday, Ill be home Sunday and the other will be there Thursday!

I will post some pictures and comments on how they look and what I think.

Well the Zenith came in today from WE. For the money I paid I guess I am some what pleased. However there are a few things that really bug me.

1) The bezel isn't flush so it rocks back and fort slightly

2) The Chrono Minute counter will not reset to 0 it resets to 9 min instead.(And I have tried resetting it like the other chronos I have). So I let the chrono run until the minute counter came back around to zero and I just stopped it.

3) There also seems to be dust or a finger print inside the crystal. This only bugs me because I noticed it and I now know it is there.

Besides what was listed above the watch was pretty good. I was scared to actually feel the band because I have heard how some REP watches have very rough bands. However it definitely beat my expectations. Also, since this watch's second hand is meant for the chrono, you cant tell it is a quartz since the second hand doesn't tick.

****If anyone knows how to fix any of my above "issues" please let me know and it would be greatly appreciated!

The Hublot finally came in today after waiting for what felt like decades. I am very pleased with this watch. I mean it has little things here and there that I noticed, but I have to remember these watches are not going to be 100% perfect. I will be posting some macro shots of them soon. The camera is currently dead.

A tip for fixing the chrono on your Zenith;

you can change the point to where a quartz chrono resets if it is not resetting to 12... pull out the crown to the position to set the time and press the top chrono button once... the chrono will move 1 second. Now press it as many times as you need to get it to 12 oclock. Then push the crown back in and try it. It should start/stop/reset to 12 :)