When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch servicing in NZ?

Sparkal

So due to No trip to Asia this past year I decided to try ordering up off a few of the TD's here. Just to get the lay of the land.

Started with a cheap quartz from three dealers, now I have my TD of choice I have ordered a couple of slightly more expensive (if there is such a thing) reps.

Turns out I really like one of my recent reps and thinking about it I would be disappointed if it stopped working. So now I am thinking per emptive servicing is not a bad idea.

Have any of the kiwis here had their watch serviced? Recommendations greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Al

I don't know of any NZ based service options (I do my own work, sorry prefer not to take paid jobs) , but no body really gets too upset over reps here so I imagine you could find someone. Try pretty much any suburban watchmaker (not the Mr Mint shopping mall kind though). All they do is swap batteries all day so I can't imagine it would take much arm twisting to get a rebuild of a proper mechanical done.

What part of the country are you in?

Do not blame you at all for not taking paid jobs, I am the same with work out of hours.

Was going to try my luck at local watchsmiths but was hoping I could support someone known to rwg and it's crew. I am a hands on guy and with research and practice I am sure I could pick my way through a re-build. Just lacking time due to work commitments .

I am based in Auckland, how about you?

Cheers,

Al

I'm in Queenstown at present, but have a house in Auckland too, so up quite often. Watch work in front of the fire is going to be my winter hobby this year, hoping to perfect 7750 rebuilds as I've got a bunch that need attention.

I wouldn't mind arranging a get together for NZ members sometime, I know of 4-5 who are somewhat active here or the other forums, and I expect there are a fair few more lurkers.

• 2 weeks later...