When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Special 1675 Finished

speedbird100

Thanks SB - that's a great assessment, appreciated.

I have done builds from a Silix thin Sub case (which is actually great for a 16750 and you get a higher crown position! Also a 1655 build in the past, then abandoned it, then I promised I would never bother again as the end result is always off ....

Now I have seen so many of these threads in the past two weeks, I am tempted again.

I still have in my box a stunning faded gen 16700 Pepsi insert, Gen 5.3 and Gen 6 mm crown and a full gen jubilee bracelet/clasp - but with 555 end links. I could add these into the build, with a Clark 116 and possibly Yuki long E dial?

Do you have a note of what size OD insert the WSO bezel will take?

Oh, oh - here I go again!!!!!!

Thanks again for sharing and enjoy the build as for $400 it looks more than great! :clap2:

Thanks map. Honestly I'm shopping a 16700 at the moment. GMT functionality with sapphire. Can't beat that. The prices are pretty good on the used market. If the right piece comes along I'll do it, until then my little build will do.

I'm at a point where I can afford a couple vintage gens. However, Rolex has priced me out of their new market. Boy, $10k submariner and gmt master are now almost a reality. I have no idea why the average joe doesn't buy used.

I thought the rep builds might be fun to try as most of my previous stuff was out of the box. I'd consider building them for a forum member if they asked because I think I have a pretty good handle on what needs to be done. I think a custom build from a 1675 Trevor watch can stay under $400 for a good one. If you want the yuki dial, add a bit.

Either way you go with this it isn't going to be perfect but it's still fun