When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need suggestions for a watch.

OldPilot

A few weeks ago I bought an American Indian sterling silver watch band(cuff). At first I thought it would be nice to put a Rolex Explorer I in there. Possibly even my gen original explorer I have had for 50 years. Unfortunately, the Explorer won't fit at all (The distance from lug to lug is 44+mm). I have scoured a few replica sites, and still have not found a watch that I think would fit. So, maybe some members will have a suggestion.

I have seen some cheap quartz movement watches that might fit. But, I don't won't to have to bend the silver each year to get a watch out and change the battery. My thinking is that a reliable automatic or manual wind movement is the way to go. Once set in the cuff, the watch can stay there for a few years.

While not exactly precise, here are the dimensions I was able to measure

pin to pin: 32 to 35 mm

lug to lug (length): 40 - 41mm (max)

diameter: Appx 30mm. In the pictures you can see an outline of a previously mounted 20mm watch base.

bracelet pin width : 19mm

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

post-45565-0-24494500-1347488448_thumb.j

post-45565-0-82137100-1347488450_thumb.j

post-45565-0-00240200-1347488453_thumb.j

I may have found one possibility. I happened upon the Silix site. They show ladies and men's sizes together. I saw there where a Rolex Yachtmaster in ladies size is 35mm diameter and 42mm in length. This may fit in my band. I will have to check with a little more precise measurements.

Anyone have knowledge of other brands with lady sizes that may be comparable to this one?

Anyone have any comments on Silix? Points to a review somewhere?

Thanks