When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob DSSD question

axisbogner

I have a Noob DSSD (thanks Angus!) and was wondering what other owners may have done about some of the flaws I've noticed. First, I believe the sapphire may be sitting high. Could an expert here confirm this:

post-48054-134958828334.jpg

post-48054-134958831789.jpg

Also, the screws on the band are a bit squirrelly. They counter sink, extend out the back, aren't polished, are loose, etc. I bought some polishing gear for my Dremel. Any suggestions here? I've been thinking about using a smidge of lock-tite on the screw threads to prevent them from falling out.

post-48054-134958851588.jpg

This picture doesn't quite capture the ugliness. Lastly, does anyone have suggestions on how to waterproof the case? I opened the case back and noticed a rubber seal. Is this good enough? I don't have enough confidence to do the half hour dunk test yet.

Thanks,

- axis

I know for a fact that on gen rolex's and breitling's that they use a lock tite type of glue on the bracelet screws. When resizing the bracelet on those gens you can see a slight residue on the ends of the screws... this residue is lock tite or something similar.

Sorry cant help you on the other issues your having.