When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Customs Stories

kramerica2

Anyone has an interesting customs story?

I had customs issues only with one dealer that for some reason his parcels never made it through. With six other dealers, and about 20 other watches I had zero problems.

HIs first try was stopped by customs and returned to him immediately saying that I refused the package (have no idea why). He took my word for it and shipped it again.

This time I got a letter from customs saying that I have to come and release the package myself from customs. I figured that in the worse case I can always say that I have no idea why he sent me a watch and that I bought something different.

I went to the customs offices, and the clerk starts to open the package in front of me. He says something like: "I have no idea why this package was marked as suspected, I hope for your sake it's not a gun...".

So, he opens the package and finds the watch, I give him the best "I'm innocent" look I can fake, and without saying anything he starts checking the piece with a loupe writing down some comments about the watch (it was a PAM 288K).
He then tells me something like: "Go home and wait for our call"

Turns out, they didn't even care about rep or gen. They wanted the money. So I got a payment request for the equivalent of 1200$... Obviously I didn't pay for it, the dealer got his watch back and I got a full refund. Amazing service, but I never ordered from him again, and never had any problems since (well, at the moment I have a couple incoming, so hopefully I'll be able to say it again).

Edited by kramerica2