When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need Americans Help!

ajoesmith

I can't change my own oil (well probably can but never tried or learned how).

Yeah....but you wouldn't expect to send your Toyota back to Japan for the oil change would ya..?

I can't cut my own hair.

Yeah.....but you wouldn't jump on a plane and fly to Japan for a quick short abck and sides ...would ya...?

I can't wire my own house.

Yeah...but you wouldn't fly in a bunch of sparkies form Tokyo to do the job ....would ya....?

@johnboy777......you're still fairly new to this ...aren't you...?

In light of that ...I think you need to do a little more reading and a little less jaw excercise.....as pointed out above...BBB ethics and practices don't apply to this hobby / business / activity....!

First and foremost NOBODY here suggested that ajoesmith was shirking his responsibilty......what he WAS asking for was a little help with a very INSIGNIFICANT repair....which should be easy for some other US based watchsmith / member to do....rather than run the risk of QUADRUPLE exposure to Customs risk......once from US....once ino Japan.....out again from Japan......in again to US.......that's absolute nonsense....for something so trivial....and I'm not suggesting that ajoesmith shouldn't be responsible for cost of repair ...within reason....!

My statement and opinion is quite simple......if nguyend....has no facility for effecting repair to these items that he is buying.....COMPLEX MECHANICAL items......then maybe it's time to take up stamp collecting....or consider a move to a city where these facilities are more readily available.....!

In conclusion.....all I will say is that....if I had seen an object advertised that my heart desired.....and I paid for it ....it was sent to me......and had a small problem.......as sure as the [censored] that's stuck to a sheepdog's [censored]......I'd have it at a watchsmith quicker than you can say "fire....fire..."...I'd be so impatient to have that baby on my wrist....!

Edited by TTK

well from my understanding, this was a used watch, right? It's not like ajoesmith was a dealer selling hundreds of watches? or am i mistaken?

Crap happens during shipment - i've even had some pacakges mauled just mailing it 45 miles away. I can't picture sending a watch overseas for a repair... but i can see some sort of comprimise coming out though? like a small tiny reimbursement to *help* but not fully cover repairs (since the damage was from neither side but the likes of postal).

best place though to go is a small watchsmith that repairs mechanical watches. None of that mall crap or big chain repair shops.

google maps?

If it was all that simple like some members are suggesting, there was no need to make a topic out of it. I also like nice watches, although i renovated my whole house, i don't have the skill to work on them. :blink:

For some members this should be a reason not to buy them........... :g:

If i have a problem with a rep, i wouldn't know where to find someone to have the work done for me....i would ask one off the skilled members on the board and i'm sure they would gladly help me out. Isn't it a part of the meaning of this forum...? :)

If both, the seller and buyer have an agreement to fix the (little) problem i see no reason why he can't ask around here on this forum.

Sorry for my bad writing... :unsure: but i think everybody understand my opinion.

Have a nice day :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by fromdad

Well hit me over the head with a wet fish and call me Nancy......but I was under the impression that's what he was doing...!

What im asking is that if a member who can uncase a watch and simply push the second down a little to clear the hour hand it would solve the problem.

Is there anyone out there who is willing to help us???

Please??

Edited by TTK