When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 3130...date?

CJT74

Will a date wheel work on a 3130 movement? If I have ready up on this correctly my assumption is it will. The only thing that would make it different from a 3135 is the quick set feature? Meaning to change the date on a 3130 you would need to cycle through an entire day on the dial to advance the date?

Yes. I have a GEN 14060M that took a little beating on the outside. But the movement is perfect. I never really liked the no date "feature" so instead of just salvaging the watch I want to upgrade it by putting a date wheel on the movement and putting the movement in a 16610 case.

Yeah the bezel assembly is good too. I'll probably list the dial and bezel here. But before I will even attempt to take this 14060M apart I need to know if the date will work. I'm pretty sure it will because there are plenty of date wheels advertised on flea bay that fit "3130/3135" movements.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310304839162&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

My only other concern is will a dial from a 16610 (3035 movement) fit a 3130. I assume the feet locations are identical being that the 3130 and 3035 are nearly identical.

Edited by CJT74

After a couple of hours of research and cross referencing I think this little project is a go. Based on the numorous ebay ads for date wheels that fit both the 3130 and 3035 I can't imagine the date wouldn't work. I would just need to advance the time an entire day to advance the date. This can be a pain but once you set it just keep it in the winder. My buddy has and older datejust like this. He has to run the minute hand around the watch 24 times to move the date one day.

Next was the dial. Looks like that's a go. The 3130 is used in the Air King with no date. The specs for the Air King dial are identical to the Sub date dial. Except of course that the Air King dial doesn't have the date window.