When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rubberclad scratch

Bosox

I have somehow managed to put a minor scratch on my AP RG rubberclad.  It's only 1/8 inches long and just a few red c*** hairs wide, but it shows white and it bugs me.  Have any of you cured a similar problem?  If so, how?  I don't want to make matters worse, but I would like to touch it up   Thanks

Assuming the scratch is on the bezel you could try permanent black marker in the crevass? Don't laugh. :) Alternatively, if the scratch is not too deep you can take the whole top down with a dremel but only if the scratch isn't deep. I am surprised you struck white though. I have cut down a rubber bezel before and it was all black rubber (or whatever the synthetic material really is).

Assuming the scratch is on the bezel you could try permanent black marker in the crevass? Don't laugh. :) Alternatively, if the scratch is not too deep you can take the whole top down with a dremel but only if the scratch isn't deep. I am surprised you struck white though. I have cut down a rubber bezel before and it was all black rubber (or whatever the synthetic material really is).

Thanks.  Black marker is probably the answer.  I don't know how it happened, and it might be that the white is not under the black but on top of it,  left there from whatever caused the scratch.  I tried wiping it off to no avail and now I'm afraid to use a Dremel.  Sure isn't deep.  If I wait a week or two I probably will find it tolerable, like that first scratch on a new car :angry: