When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Seamaster PVD with Orange bezel?

fraggle42

Anyone know if any of the TDs sell this?

I found it here

http://www.utterwatches.com/Ulysse-Nardin_Maxi_Marine_Diver_Mens_Watch_263-33-3-96-15433.html

(just noticed that the URL is for a completely different watch!)

I cannot find *any* info on that side apart from one incorrect post in RWI. (says that 12 sites are all fake, all owned by the same person when whois queries show only 4 are owned by the same person)

I've also hunted for info on the other 4 names for the site, with no joy.

I don't think it's a watch that Omega officially sell, so it looks like a fantasy rep, made for PVD nuts like moi :)

Anyone have any info about the above dealer? Also goes by nagwatches.com, roofwatches.com & refinewatches.com. I must admit, it smells a bit fishy!

First off, I'm going to say that it doesn't contain a Swiss 2824 for that price, of that I am almost certain. Also, I think you're right, this is a fantasy piece. Go for it if you want a PVD PO, it's not something you'll find elsewhere. Just be prepared for it to show up with a quartz movement or more than likely a 21j automatic. When I started out I bought from these kinds of sites, always received a watch and once had a second watch sent for free because the first wasn't what I ordered. Bottom line, if you have $150 to [censored] away, then you have $150 to [censored] away.

• Like 1

Thanks,

I know for that money it's not going to have a decent movement in it, and may be quartz (I'm happy with quartz so long as the price is right), but I like it, it's different, and cheap enough that even if the movement dies soon, I can stick another movement in it.

I don't want to spend $150 and get nothing back though!

That I can't promise, like I said, I purchased from a couple of these sites and always received a watch, still can't promise you anything. Unlike with the trusted dealers here, you have no recourse if your watch doesn't show up.

Ah, sorry I didn't read your first reply properly.

So you've bought from one of those 4 sites and it went OK? I thought you mean you'd bought from some other non-TD dealer!

In that case I'll bite the bullet and see what comes in a few weeks. Will post pics of course, to the horror of the original PO lovers :)

Well they didn't have the PVD Omega in stock, so offered me a normal one.

Refused that and have asked about a couple of nice looking IWC skeletons, see if they have them in stock.

I have visions of a place that has one Rolex Sub and one Pan in "stock" :)

Richard