When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asian 6497 power reserve?

fraggle42

What is the normal power reserve on one of these?

I've read a few places stating 48 hours, and I'm guessing it's more like 55 hours to cope with the odd lay in bed on the second day by owners :)

I got myself an 6497 movement to practise playing with it, and as I need to re-organise my workshop I haven't gotten round to doing anything with it yet apart from wind it up and stick it on the timeographer.

72 hours and still going.

Fairly constant +12s/day, and amplitude starting at 305 fully wound and down to 270 after 48 hours.

I haven't got a clue who made it.

$(KGrHqMOKoYE5lEHi4dUBOgD9hBJq!~~_1.JPG

331! Blimey, that one'll be taking off and flying soon :)

I'm just curious how long it'll go for, and how long on average they go for?

I've just been photographing some watches and the cheap skeleton Pam has an unmarked Chinese 6497 in it which is behaving oddly, the escape wheel slows down every half turn for a couple of teeth and then goes back to normal speed.

I had the camera in video mode with macro lens watching it and its quite obvious at hi magnification.

Can't see anything wrong, no broken teeth, pallets look good, but I'm not familiar with what to look for.

It's been regulated so it keeps time like it is, so it's not something that's just gone wrong with it. I'm just curious and it'll be a nice beginners project to work on :)

Richard

I think they vary too, I have 3 6497 movements in my current collection, the other being a 6498. They all vary, my 111 will run over 60 hours, the 390 struggles to last 48 and the other two are in the middle somewhere around 52-54.

Sounds like you got a good one! :clap2:

• Like 1