When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for suggestions, What to do with Gen 16000 case set

Hey guys. I don't know if any of you have read any of my introduction thread but I have gen watches but love to tinker and I respect both sides of the rep/gen world and enjoy reading your input and looking at your projects. 

Ok mini introduction done, 

I have a 16000 case set and many gen dials and bezels, hands, Crowns, tubes, crystals, that will fit it. 

I am short a gen movement to make it a watch in my rotation.

I was stupid enough to buy Yuki clone movement just to have it break in just two weeks. (never worked right from the start)

Now I have a broken Yuki movement (in Pieces because I was determined to see what was wrong with it, I don't care about the money I wasted I am just glad I am done with that junk)

I have a domed plastic crystal in my parts that fits this case very good and tight. I think it is a tropic 21 but I don't know since I have many crystals mixed up. 

sitting down with my mountain of parts makes me want to attempt some kind of a 1016 build. 

I have a messed up old YUKI 1016 dial that I used to see if it would fit so I could order another and try and put something together. 

It is a tad big to fit the case. So close though that I think I could shave one of their dials to fit the case. 

I know you guys know your Shi* and before I go ordering parts to only fail I thought I would upgrade my membership start contributing to the forum and ask for your help. 

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated, 

Also one last though, Should I sell the case and move on after the Yuki movement failure. 

Its like being slapped by someone with a long reach. I have enjoyed playing with the parts they offer for years and have never had any problems, Now the movement fails at almost $300 and what can you do but get [censored] and give up. 

Thanks guys, BrotherSterling

I have all my parts at work so I will post up some pics on Monday,

Too much bling for me. Why not stick with the explorer plan?

I built a 1016 w a gen dial and gen 1570 movement in my 16014 case.

Then again, when i say "i built", what i actually mean, i amassed the parts and sent it to a proper watchsmith