When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ulysse Nardin Maxi Marine

cory

Hey guys.

I'm currently on the lookout for a Ulysse Nardin Maxi Marine - I've bought from Andrew in the past and have had, for the most part, a very good experience with his stock.

However when buying previous watches (both have been Hublots) I researched the factories where they were made and consulted with forums like this to make sure that they were the highest quality reps available, as Andrew has a diverse stock.

I've got my eyes on this beauty - http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=298_315&products_id=5012&zenid=a889665af32a62cb2147d96f6386b5a5

If anyone is knowledgeable of UNs/has bought them in the past and can enlighten me with some feedback et cetera I'd greatly appreciate it, as I want to make an informed and correct choice when purchasing.

I look forward to all and any responses,

Cory

blue watches are hard to do correctly.  If you want that strange hue, you might end up with a watch that is too purple or may not have that exact luster.  If it's not an issue for you, then I'd go blue.  They're more interesting.  That is... if you already have a standard black watch that you wear.  My two cents.

Thanks for the insight about saturated colours on a blue watch, kronos.

Yeah I've got a Longines Conquest Chronograph gen and a couple Hublot reps. I figured the Maxi Marine would give me something fashionable yet classy to wear during the summer, and generally is a good fusion of class and trend for all-round wearing.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump this back up. But I'm not trying to start another thread to ask the same question.

Does anyone know of a SS maxi marine with roman dial? I know asian7750 has a roman dialed one in gold, and although I prefer gold watches, I'm not all for putting up with rep gold haha

I bought the blue Maxi Marine with roman dials from Andrew (TrustyTime)

Absolute beauty.

Great service, but as far as the watch, UN is not up there with the super reps, mostly because it's not such a popular rep for people to buy I'd guess. There's a good bunch of flaws, but these are inherent with all UN reps no matter who you buy from.

If you do buy one, I'd recommend you to immediately plan its servicing and modding...