When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WI comes up trumps again!

fraggle42

Received my latest order.

Two "cheapies" from WI.

They may be cheap but my god, the quality in these is silly for the price. A complete no brainer for any watches you're not quite sure about!

Omega 007 50 years is $100

Omega Orange PO is $150

Onto some (admittedly poor) pics:-

post-50255-0-05440100-1370286894_thumb.j

post-50255-0-76563000-1370286894_thumb.j

post-50255-0-42483300-1370286895_thumb.j

post-50255-0-04390600-1370286896_thumb.j

post-50255-0-78473100-1370286896_thumb.j

post-50255-0-46717700-1370286897_thumb.j

post-50255-0-10152100-1370286898_thumb.j

post-50255-0-86471000-1370286898_thumb.j

post-50255-0-74353200-1370286899_thumb.j

:)

(these are quick snaps taken with my little camera on my lap - they look a lot better than this in real life)

Both of these look great for the price.. did that include shipping, what kind of movements do they have, does the pumpkin have see through case back,  are they both keep accurate time ? I am sorry to hit with all the questions but the prices are very good so if everything else is as good as the price looks like I will be buying a couple more watches whether I need them or not. A man can never have too many watches.

This is great to know, if i ever need parts, bezel, insert or any other parts that are hard to find this is the way to go.

You're not getting your hands on my preciousissss...!

Get your own! :)

(I agree though, for spare parts its probably cheaper buying one of these and breaking it down than buying the bits, and unlike the Xmas specials these wont be made out of bottom of bin rejects)

Richard

Both of these look great for the price.. did that include shipping, what kind of movements do they have, does the pumpkin have see through case back, are they both keep accurate time ? I am sorry to hit with all the questions but the prices are very good so if everything else is as good as the price looks like I will be buying a couple more watches whether I need them or not. A man can never have too many watches.

They both have closed casebacks. Movement I don't know but I'd guess 21j Chinese movements, nothing special.

As to timekeeping, I've only just got them today and they're fine so far (over 6 hours!)

Shipping was $35 to the UK if I remember right.

The Bond watch has reasonable single AR, the PO has very good double AR.

Weight is nice, a decent heft to them. Straps are lovely, clasps good. (As always the straps will improve if they're lubed), finish on the cases is good, bezels rotate nicely, 120 clicks each. Bond has very light click to the bezel, PO a lot more pronounced clock to the bezel. Bond bezel was tight for a few rotations.

If you're bothered about being as close to gen as possible, you may be disappointed with them as there are obvious rep flaws, but I just like nice watches and I don't care if they're not 100% accurate. And these two are nice watches :)

If you want a chronograph I'd spend a little bit more to get a known movement, I wouldn't be all that happy with a cheap Chinese chrono - too many moving parts to go wrong, but simple 21J movements have been around for ages (as far as I know, MD2020 will know for sure?) If they last me for a few years I'll be happy :)

Richard

I already have the seamaster professional PO Chrono SS and  love it, everything works perfectly. I have never bought from WI. before because  all I can find under TD is  an email address but no web site address. I really need the websites daddy so I can take a good look at their available products  with options along with price. If you can please email me with any information that you can.   Email me at.  rocky4691@yahoo.com.  thanks Robert

I already have the seamaster professional PO Chrono SS and  love it, everything works perfectly. I have never bought from WI. before because  all I can find under TD is  an email address but no web site address. I really need the websites daddy so I can take a good look at their available products  with options along with price. If you can please email me with any information that you can.   Email me at.  rocky4691@yahoo.com.  thanks Robert

WI don't have a website.

They just post their popular watches on the forums here

http://www.rwgforum.net/forum/240-watch-international/

and on RWG 1.

But their main way of working seems to be that you decide what watch you want, send them a photo and they will look and see if they can get it for you, and then get back to you letting you know if they can source it and the price(s).

The cost of those websites has got to be paid somehow! :)