When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Upcoming projects...opinions welcome.

PGWDaddy

I'm new to the hobby but I've picked up a few pieces with hopes of making future upgrades. I love panerai's so it was only logical that go with them. I took advantage of some really good deals while I was overseas. I'll have to make more upgrades and corrections than I originally intended but that's all apart of the hobby, isn't it?

I won't be doing the technical work myself; MD2020 is gracious enough take care if this for me. I don't have a detailed timeline but will get things completed over the next year or so. I'm in no rush.

I'm open to suggestions of corrections I should make. They say 4 eyes are better than 2, so my odds tremendously increase with your help so let's get started.

First up is the PAM441 ceramic.

post-44317-137329436157.jpg

post-44317-13732943769.jpg

post-44317-13732943863.jpg

The case isn't bad IMO, but the blue AR coating should be removed. The dial lume isn't terrible either but the hand are, so I'll do both with the correct lume color. I didn't take a pic of the crown guard because it looks correct, flush all around. The crown and spacer (between the crown and case) seem correct as well. Outside of this, I'll get the movement serviced and upgrade the strap.

I'll post more here soon.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

shzt.. as close meaning gen movt. that'll be almost impossible. So you can try to get a watch smith to push the dw closer to make it flush. Might be looking at a new movt.. like 7753. but I'm not sure how the "gmt" would work then. Do you have any case back pictures

Edited by astrograph