When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

CALIFORNIA LOVE: built or outta the box? Help...

Mr.Majestyk

So....

I've been a lover of the Cali dial for a long time & recently saw a watch in the big 47mm radiomir case & found it totally wearable....

All this has re-ignited my "need" for a CALI dial 3646 / PAM249 / PAM 448 etc.....

This all brings me to decision time.

Do I just bite the bullet & buy an out-of the box CALI? or do I have one built?I've asked a similar Q on another forum, although a little more slanted asking members their experiences with DSN's 249 - and for the most part they've been good. I'm just not all that convinced about his dial & hands though as well as the lume combo.... :g:  :g:

For an outta the box - best version, who would you recommend?

For a built one - who would you recommend?

My pre-requisites are:

*matching dial & hand vintage/patina/ not pure-white LUME, correct hand-shape 

*sapphire crystal on front (although am beginning to think there's no such thing in the REP world), may need to be a high dome plexi & plexi exhibition back.

*Swiss Movement (I have read that an A-6497 is just as good & could save myself $200-$300), but if I'm going the whole way, I'd rather a SWISS, I believe a 6497 is virtually the same as a 6498 (different sun-seconds placement - not applicable here). I've been researching movements & can find some re-branded movements which would do the job I beleive.....

*correct - as close to gen shaped case...

Decisions, decisions...

Would love any or all your help.

Cheers...MM