When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Super Avenger stopped working

436NR

Hey guys! My new SA just stopped working. I remember reading somewhere on this forum that there has been an issue with 7750s just stopping and moving the regulator arm fixed it. For the life of me I can't find where I read that. Am I imagining it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

I haven't heard of the regulator arm being moved/adjusted to help get a A7750 get going again if it suddenly stops however I'm not 100% sure.

I think the most likely cause would be a loose screw that's gone into the gear train and managed to jam-up it up.

I'd recommend removing the Chrono layer to get a better look to see whether there is a screw jammed in somewhere it shouldn't be.

Sometimes giving the watch/movement a sharp tap can help knock the problem-screw out and get the watch working again.

I haven't heard of the regulator arm being moved/adjusted to help get a A7750 get going again if it suddenly stops however I'm not 100% sure.

I think the most likely cause would be a loose screw that's gone into the gear train and managed to jam-up it up.

I'd recommend removing the Chrono layer to get a better look to see whether there is a screw jammed in somewhere it shouldn't be.

Sometimes giving the watch/movement a sharp tap can help knock the problem-screw out and get the watch working again.

Thanks Ben!

I've been playing with it all day by readjusting the beat. I just closed the back because she's running at a good rate, well 24 hrs will tell me more. I put her on my wrist and it stopped again. I opened her up and it took a gentle nudge of the balance wheel for it start up again. Pulling the crown out and back in didn't start her up. I'm not sure if there's something binding the balance up.

Now, I think it's important to note that I did remove the movement from the case when I got her about two weeks ago because of dust on the face. In addition to that, the crown was unscrewing from the stem. I torqued the crown down into the stem and its fine now. But... Is the stem now binding something in the movement? I have worn the watch a few times in the past two weeks and have it wound so it hasn't stopped since I got her. Yesterday is the first time that she stopped on me. I'd prefer not to send her back if its something that I can fix with a little guidance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free