When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

heavy river 6154 reshape

mellons

Heres another one- this time very heavily worked. more to do on lugs but main aspect on this is the crease between the lugs. I have wanted to do this for a few reshapes but the curved lug section always looked good so never got around to it

After the heavy work on the previous dsn version i thought i would give this a go and see if there was enough material here- there is for anyone who is thinking of doing the same
Here is the midcase part completed- custom bbb non-domed caseback to go on as well as lowered plexi and more work to lugs etc.
Crease between the lugs is a lot of work but certainly adds to appearance of the case (although not that visible with strap mounted!!!)
In addition here all flat surfaces have been slightly curved along with lugs lowered and caseback area softened etc.
When i get caseback on etc. i will post overall shots of this

river6154-3_zps156c2a56.jpg

river6154-4_zps40fe7e71.jpg

river6154-7_zpsdac7e9b5.jpg

river6154-2_zps90480757.jpg

river6154-6_zpsa8543e4d.jpg

river6154-1_zps7c995d26.jpg
  • Like 1

here is an interim mock-up with stock bezel and custom bbb caseback. The bezel is great but i will lower plexi slightly. River's stock caseback is very nice but the domed plexi makes the case ride a bit high on teh wrist imho- particularly as this is to be a slimmer 6154. A flat display (like the one shown here) I think works better and looks (and feels) a bit more balanced on.

More to do on lugs and case etc. For lug shapers you can see the material left near caseback and also on the bezel between the lugs- plenty here (just about). be careful not to go at too acute an angle (particularly on top) as you will undershot bezel too much.

IMG_8417_zpseefa1ad2.jpg

IMG_8422_zps27fadd45.jpg

IMG_8420_zps7f28e469.jpg

IMG_8421_zps99e4e159.jpg

IMG_8423_zps97bc5311.jpg

IMG_8425_zps7e3b1e8d.jpg

progress update- more weight loss!

Case slimmed down by approx 0.2mm to 5.8mm, plexk lowered and more work on sides. Lugs have been reworked also to get more tuttle shape. very tricky working on these lugs- i thought i had lost case at one point. There is very little material to work with and one slip up means the bin....definitely not for the faint hearted lol

temporary slim display caseback mounted before i get athaya's slim bbb display caseback.

river6154slim1_zpsab20bcdb.jpg

river6154slim2_zps253b6067.jpg

river6154slim3_zpseea6a934.jpg

river6154slim5_zps02173c14.jpg
  • Like 1